Developer King ART have announced a new game mode and the Rusiviet Revolution DLC for alternate history RTS, Iron Harvest.
In their latest DevBlog update, the developer revealed the new Drop Zone game mode. Stockpiles of Victory Points will fall from the sky in crates, and players must scramble to collect them.
Multiple can drop at a time, and the process of picking them up takes time and will need defending. The mode will be available on all existing skirmish and multiplayer maps, and can be played in Ranked, Quick, and Custom matches.
While Season 1 of the competitive modes have ended, Season 2 will soon begin. This will see the ranked ladder being reset, and the top 15 receiving a “Season 1 Elite” title. Those whose completed their placement matches will also receive a “Veteran” title, and faceplate cosmetic.
New DLC was revealed as well. Inspired by the real life Russian revolution, the DLC campaign will see the Rusviet Revolution against the Tsar in a new storyline. Featuring four single player maps (with co-op available) and unveiling the mysteries of Rasputin), the DLC will launch December 17th for €3.99 EUR. The DLC will be free for Kickstarter and Digital Deluxe owners.
Finally, there is a free demo weekend running until December 1st on PC, and the ESL’s Iron Harvest tournament is available for entry. The qualifiers begin November 28th. You can find the full DevBlog and changelog here.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Iron Harvest is a real-time strategy game (RTS) set in the alternate reality of 1920+, just after the end of the Great War. The Game lets you control giant dieselpunk mechs, combining epic singleplayer and coop campaigns as well as skirmishes with intense action on the battlefield for multiplayer fans, Iron Harvest is the classic real-time strategy games fans have been waiting for.
Tradition clashes with scientific and technological progress, while Europe is still recovering from the brutal battles of the World War. Cities are being rebuilt and in the countryside, the era of the Iron Harvest has begun. Farmers are uncovering the remains of the majestic walking machines that had fought on the battlefields of the Great War.
In the midst of this chaos, a new threat appears that will put Europe’s very existence at risk. Secret forces are putting everything they can towards destabilization of entire countries, determined to set the world on fire once again and finally seize control.
- CLASSIC REAL-TIME STRATEGY AT ITS FINEST – Lead dozens of different unit types into battle, carefully utilize cover and blast entire buildings to shreds. Take your time to come up with a plan which allows for a wide range of tactics, including a stealth approach. Mechs. We got mechs. Lots of them.
- STRONG SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGNS & ENGAGING STORY – Experience an epic overarching story, spanning more than 20 missions over three campaigns. Join nine charismatic heroes and their beastly companions in their adventures across Europe. Team-up with a friend and master all campaigns side-by-side in co-op.
- YOU ARE THE ONE IN FULL CONTROL – Command three diverse factions with over 40 unit types and 9 heroes with unique abilities. Setup skirmish and multiplayer matches any way you want. Configure your personal game interface and choose your favourite input controls.
- INTENSE COOP & COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER COMBAT – Competitive multiplayer with ladders, ranked matches & leagues. Choose from a vast selection of skirmish maps and challenge maps, available to play in singleplayer and coop.
- BUILD AND FORTIFY YOUR BASE – Conquer resource points, build your base and place fortifications to protect your unit production and research.