Publisher PQube and developer Level 91 Entertainment announced Inertial Drift: Twilight Rivals Edition for consoles.
Inertial Drift: Twilight Rivals Edition is coming to Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 sometime later in 2022, and includes the new “Twilight Rivals” story mode, as well as new modes focused on performance or quality visuals, new cars, new tracks, and more.
If you own the original release of Inertial Drift on PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Switch, or PlayStation 4, you’ll be able to get the new DLC from the new edition via its “Twilight Rivals Pack” coming on the same day.
Here’s a rundown on the base 2020-released game:
Set in a 90’s retro future, Inertial Drift is an Arcade Racer with a devastatingly unique handling model and unbelievably satisfying twin-stick drift mechanics. Inertial Drift offers a whole new level of accessibility and challenge to the arcade racing genre – for a driving experience genuinely unlike anything you’ve played before.
- Unique Twin-Stick Controls – The left stick is used for steering, while the right hand Drift Stick gives you independent control over your drift. Intuitive for new players and uniquely challenging for pros.
- Fiercely Individual Cars – Each one of the 16 cars is a totally different beast, with unique characteristics to master. Get behind the wheel of Sport hatchbacks, Coupe’s, Supercars & more!
- 20 Demanding Tracks – Tear through neon city streets, race around rural temple complexes and hurtle down winding mountain passes.
- Retro Future World – Each racetrack is set within a bold and distinctive environment. Including vibrant cityscapes, coastal sunsets, gorgeous starry skies and snow-capped peaks.
- Single Player Modes – With 7 race event types there is plenty of opportunity to perfect your craft! Get competitive in a mix of races, head-to-heads, time trials and style showdowns!
- Multiplayer Modes – Think you’ve mastered the perfect drift? What better way to prove it. Take on other racers via local co-op and online multiplayer.