Following a Nintendo Switch release via publisher Nicalis last month, Treasure has announced they’re porting their classic shoot ’em up Ikaruga to PlayStation 4.
“Ikaruga running on PS4!” Treasure said in the announcement tweet. “The title screen is (C) Treasure only. PlayStation 4 owners, kindly wait a little bit longer after this. Next week we will have the official announcement, after that it will be released soon.”
Here’s a rundown on the game, via its Steam page:
Shoot! Dodge! and… Get Hit!?
Ikaruga is a vertical shoot ’em up that features an unique polarity-switching gameplay.
Switch the ship’s polarity and “get hit and absorb” enemy bullets!
Achieve High Score with the chain bonus!
- The player ship, all enemies and bullets are black or white. Player’s polarity can be switched at will.
- Your ship can absorb enemy bullets of the same polarity. Filled energy goes to fire powerful homing lasers! (Release Power)
- Defeat 3 enemies in a row of the same polarity and get the chain bonus! Building up high scores feels like a puzzle game?
- Spectacular 3D graphics. Fast and smooth game play.
- 2 Players game (Local) and Double Play Mode: You can play 2 Players game with one controller.
- 5 levels. Tactical level design and boss battles.
- 3 difficulty levels: EASY, NORMAL, HARD. Change your tactics depending on the difficulty.
- 2 Game modes: ARCADE, PROTOTYPE (not hidden).
- Replay data save is available. You can also download them from the Leaderboards.
- Vertical screen mode support. You can also play the game like a side-scrolling shooter by rotating only the game screen.
Ikaruga has been available for Windows PC (via Steam), Arcade, Xbox 360, Dreamcast, GameCube, and Android.