Nintendo has officially announced Hyrule Warriors Legends at this year’s E3.
The game is the previously leaked 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors, and it’s set for a release some time in Q1 of next year.
Fans can expect the new characters Tetra (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker) and King of Hyrule. Both of the aforementioned characters will also be made available to owners of the Wii U version as well, providing you own the 3DS version.
You can find the press blurb for the game, via Nintendo, below:
Tetra and the Hyrule Warriors come to the Nintendo 3DS system
Cut down entire legions of enemies using over-the-top powerful Dynasty Warriors-style moves as Hyrule Warriors comes to the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. In the portable version, experience new story elements and playable characters from by The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker game such as Tetra, King of Hyrule and more. Additional new features, such as the ability to switch between different characters on the fly, allow you to strategically position characters and defeat foes in all-new ways like never before. Tetra and the Hyrule Warriors come to the Nintendo 3DS system.
- The entire Wii U version of the Hyrule Warriors game, playable on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
- Play and experience new characters and story elements based on The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker game.
- New character switching feature lets you change characters on the fly.
- For the first time in the series, play as fan-favorite characters like Tetra and King of Hyrule.
- Battle the fiercest enemies from The Legend of Zelda across Hyrule’s most famous locales.
- Advance the story to unlock new playable characters, each with unique moves and weapon types. Collect Rupees and other useful items to upgrade weapons and craft badges, which players can use to bolster each warrior’s abilities.