IO Interactive has announced Hitman III year two of content, confirming the latest in their series is getting new modes, new maps, new stories, and more.
The developed teased that the Hitman III year two of content is also bringing surprises that “the community has been asking for a very very long time.” An official reveal trailer is set for sometime in January 2022.
Here’s a rundown on all the planned content:
- 50 Million – The World of Assassination trilogy has reached the phenomenal milestone of 50 million players and HITMAN 3 is now the most successful Hitman game of all time.
- Year 2 – HITMAN 3 – Year 2 will start on 20 January 2022, with post-launch support confirmed for another 12 months. New maps, storylines, modes and ways to play are all lined up for 2022, which is set to be another exciting year.
- Ray Tracing – Together with our partners at Intel, we’re committed to bringing the best possible performance and optimization to our PC players. HITMAN 3 has already been enhanced on PC with support for 8+ core CPUs and Variable Rate Shading. In 2022, HITMAN 3 will also support Ray Tracing on PC.
- PC VR – HITMAN 3 launched with support for PS VR and we’re happy to bring HITMAN VR to PC in January 2022. Full technical details, including the platforms that we’re supporting will be revealed before Year 2 starts on 20 January 2022.
- Elusive Target Arcade – A new way to play Elusive Targets arrives in HITMAN 3 in a brand new game mode that we’re calling Elusive Target Arcade. Prepare to take on the ultimate Elusive Target challenge in a change to the established formula in this fan-favourite game mode. All Elusive Target Arcade content will be a permanent addition to the game. Full details on how this game mode works will be shared in early January 2022.
Here’s the two-year announcement trailer:
Hitman 3 is available for Windows PC (via the Epic Games Store), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Google Stadia.