Death Road to Canada, the hit zombie brawler rogue-lite by Rocketcat Games and Madgarden, has just received a significant new update.
The main features of this latest patch are three new game modes and the addition of 4-player local co-op.
The three new modes include Endless, Over Powered Party (A mode where you get to recruit rare characters at the start of your run), and Quick Death (A mode where the difficulty has been tripled). You can read the patch notes here, and check out a trailer for the game above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Death Road to Canada is a Randomly Generated Road Trip Simulator. You control and manage a car full of jerks as they explore cities, recruit weird people, argue with each other, and face gigantic swarms of slow zombies.
Death Road is built for replay value. Everything is randomized: locations, events, survivor appearances and personalities. There’s a different story every time you play, set in a world that doesn’t take itself too seriously.
- Up to 500 zombies can hunt you down at a time. Fight them, try to squirm past, or run.
- Use the character creator to put yourself, friends, and family in the game. Have them show up at random to get eaten!
- Find special and rare events, weapons, and characters with strange abilities.
- Make tough choices in Interactive Fiction events. Get different options and results based on the traits of your party members.
- Teach a dog how to drive a car.
- Throw chairs. Get your characters strong enough to throw large sofas.
- Most family friendly zombie apocalypse game on the market! Any gore explosion is in a cute style. We censor the word d*ngus once.
- Tell people to “Cool it.”
- 2 player local same screen co-op where you control up to 4 characters!