Destructive Creations has announced a partnership with Slipgate Ironworks to port Ancestors Legacy to PlayStation 4 alongside the previously announced Xbox One version.
While the Xbox One version had been delayed, both console ports are set to arrive sometime this summer. The PS4 version will be self-published by Destructive, while the Xbox One version is published by original publisher 1C Entertainment.
To coincide with the announcement, the PC version of the game received its new “Saladin’s Quest” DLC today, for $10.99.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Ancestors Legacy is a history-inspired, real-time strategy game influenced by historical events in the Middle Ages. The game combines resource management and base building with large-scale, squad-based battles across vast battlefields, all rendered in superb detail with Unreal Engine 4. Experience medieval bloodshed like never before thanks to the cinematic action camera that puts you right in the middle of the battle at the press of a button.
Take command of your army as you storm through medieval Europe in an extensive series of campaigns. Choosing one of the four available nations–Viking, Anglo-Saxon, German, or Slav–you will be tasked with more than just conquering, raiding, and pillaging enemy camps, villages, and towns. Only by utilizing the full range of available tactical options, taking strategic advantage of the environment, and managing your temporary bases and settlements will you emerge victorious.
- Four playable nations (five with downloadable content) in an extensive single-player campaign inspired by historical events.
- Various modes of intense multiplayer battles.
- Advanced tactical options combining the use of terrain, experience, and morale.
- Cinematic battle camera view that puts you right in the center of the action.
- Outstanding visual fidelity powered by Unreal Engine 4.
- Streamlined resource management and village construction.
Ancestors Legacy has been available for Windows PC (via Steam).