Bulwark Studios and Kasedo Games have launched the first expansion for Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus.
In Heretek, players will find themselves facing off against their fellow Tech-Priests in a civil conflict over the xenos technology on Silva Tenebris. You can check out the launch trailer above.
The expansion features a new story arc about rogue Tech-Priests onboard The Caestus Metalican, new weapons, the Xenarite Discipline, and two new troops in the form of Sicarian Infiltrators and Ruststalkers.
Here’s a rundown of the new DLC:
Heretek is the expansion to the critically acclaimed tactical turn-based Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus. Opening a whole new plot line, Heretek exposes the dark underbelly of the Adeptus Mechanicus faction like never before. Brand new narrative events have been handcrafted once again by Ben Counter, allowing players to uncover what has brought civil unrest to The Caestus Metalican during its campaign at Silva Tenebris. Take on frighteningly familiar foes, a cohort of heretek Tech-Priests that have changed their beliefs and forsaken the name of the Omnissiah. Can you, Magos Dominus Faustinius manage both an assault on the Necrons while being corrupted from within?
- New Discipline to utilise: Unlock the Xenarite. A discipline that is specialised in using xenotech, a largely forbidden practice for those that follow the Omnissiah! Plus all new augments for you to customise the appearance of your Tech-Priest.
- 5 new missions: Experience five new missions based in the Ark Mechanicus, each with a new delivery system for narrative. The choices you make will impact the battle for that mission.
- New weapons to discover: Xeno-altered weapons open up devastating possibilities, coupled with support tech that opens up new play styles.
- Two new Troops to command: Sicarian Infiltrators and Ruststalkers are now available to unlock. Pass through Necron and Heretek limbs alike with the Transonic Blades of the Ruststalker or take the stealthy route with the Infiltrators and spring an unexpected ambush.
- New but familiar enemies to face: Face your fellow brother Tech-Priests in an internal conflict over Necron xenotech while also holding back the wakening of the Necrons.
- New mission environment: Experience combat inside an Ark Mechanicus for the first time in Warhammer 40,000 history.
Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus- Heretek is available on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam for $9.99. You can find our review for the main game here.