Publisher Microids and developer Blazing Griffin have announced new sequel Agatha Christie – Hercule Poirot: The London Case.
Hercule Poirot: The London Case is launching sometime this summer across Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Switch, PS4, and PS5.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
From the brilliant mind of the BAFTA Award-Winning studio, Blazing Griffin, get ready in 2023 for a new adventure as the famous detective Hercule Poirot travels to London for a seemingly simple task of delivering a painting for an exhibition, that will be unfortunately stolen during the grand opening.
For the first time ever, players will have the opportunity to team up with Poirot’s beloved sidekick in the books, Hastings, as they uncover a new mystery. Expérience a new location, adventure, and partner in this exciting next chapter of Hercule Poirot in his youth.
In this detective adventure game, you will take on the role of the famous detective, Hercule Poirot, as he joins forces with Lloyd’s of London to ensure the transportation, protection, and sale of a valuable painting of Mary Magdalene. The painting is to be the centerpiece of a new exhibit at a London Museum, featuring other works of ecclesiastical art on loan from Brussels.
As an employee of Lloyd’s of London, your colleague, Hastings, will assist you in handling the insurance of the artworks and the sale of the painting. Upon arriving at the museum, you will meet with the new owner of the painting, Mortimer Ailsworth, and the curator of the museum, Evelyn Warbeck. Use the resources at your disposal to examine the security and protect the painting from any potential threats.
One week later, a Preview Gala will take place where all of the main characters will be in attendance. However, things take an unexpected turn when the painting is stolen from under everyone’s noses. Your sharp detective skills will be useful to uncover the truth and find the culprit behind the theft.
Will you be able to solve the mystery and retrieve the stolen painting?
Witness & Suspect Interrogation:
- Solve mysteries and piece together clues thanks to the matching new system, with a strong narrative that will keep you engaged until the very end.
Environment & Item Inspection:
- Inspect new environments looking for clues. Look carefully for evidences, and seek for information on them in a first-person view.
- Collector items in an inventory and use them to progress in your investigation.
- Open chests by finding the correct combination. Move the camera, and look for new points of interest.
Mindmaps & Timeline Resolution:
- Collect clues, and evidences will appear in the mindmaps. Mindmaps have been enhanced, and require now more attention to find the correct link between all evidences.
- A new feature, timeline, helps Poirot to have a better understanding of the chain of events.
- Continue the journey in the Award-winning saga with the second episode, set in London.
- Discover iconic locations in London as you play as the famous detective Hercule Poirot and experience the thrill of being a detective and solve the mystery with investigation
- features such as interviewing suspects and collecting evidence.
- Immerse yourself in a dedicated original story, with fully voiced characters in English, French, and German.
- A script faithful to the Agatha Christie’s original material, as you uncover the story and characters of Poirot’s youth.