Square Enix has revealed HARVESTELLA, a new life simulation and farming RPG.
HARVESTELLA launches on November 4, 2022 on Nintendo Switch and on PC via Steam. HARVESTELLA is a new life simulation RPG with fantasy elements. In your journey, you attempt to uncover the mystery behind the season of death, Quietus.
You can level up and fight monsters, converse with people of the world you live in and tend to crops. Resource gathering is important to make life sustainable for you and the neighboring villages. During season changes, Quietus causes crops to die and prevents people from walking around freely outside with a deadly dust, so planning your crops for harvest is important.
HARVESTELLA features a heavy anime style with visual novel style cutscenes with different characters filling in fantasy roles. Along with them you can also cook food and craft items for money and other valuables. Adventuring is just as important as you face deadly monsters with your array of skills and swordsmanship. More information on classes will be released in the coming months.
Here’s a reveal trailer for HARVESTELLA:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
HARVESTELLA, an all-new life-simulation RPG from SQUARE ENIX!
Our protagonist awakens during the height of Quietus, a disaster that visits with the changing of each season – and a threat to all life.Lead a life of self-sufficiency with your vibrant house as a base and cooperate with allies to overcome various threats, all as you draw ever closer to the truth behind the disasters and the very world’s creation!
- Quietus – The season of death that visits with the changing of the seasons. Plants wither. People cannot even walk around outside, due to the dust of death that fills the air. And each year, Quietus persists for longer and longer…
- World – Nemea Town, where cherry trees bloom all year round. Shatolla, a seaside town home to a bustling tavern. Lethe Village, resplendent in the vibrant colours of the four seasons. The Holy Capital of Argene, cloaked in snow. Use the world map to travel to all these settlements and their respective dungeons. You will have to traverse beautiful, treacherous paths to reach the Seaslights – four giant crystals that govern the seasons.
- Daily Life – Grow fruit, vegetables and crops in your fields to either sell or use as crafting materials. If you use the produce you’ve grown in your cooking, the food will grant extremely helpful effects for your adventures, such as HP recovery or temporary stat boosts! It might also be a good idea to take care of some plump cluffowl birds, dignified goat-like woolum, and a pet totokaku.
- Allies – Shrika, a missionary searching for a new form of faith. Heine, a pompous gentleman mechanic.Asyl, descendent of the Wind poem people. And Aria, a mysterious girl who claims to have come from the future. Cooperate with – and sometimes clash with – your allies, including these characters among others. Reach a deeper mutual understanding by facing their worries and their way of life head on.
- Combat – Overcome battles by switching seamlessly between jobs during combat – including the Fighter, adept with swift sword techniques, the Shadow Walker, which deals critical wounds with twin blades, or the Mage, specialising in magic attacks. When faced with a mighty foe, skilfully target their weak points to inflict the Double Break state and take them down in an instant!