Publisher Modus Games and developer Crackshell announced Hammerwatch II is coming to Switch and PS5 next month as the game’s first console ports.
Hammerwatch II is coming to Switch and PS5 on December 12th alongside the remastered version of the original Hammerwatch, as well as a digital bundle and physical edition titled Hammerwatch II: The Chronicles Edition, for $39.99. It includes: Both Hammerwatch games and additional character color palettes, facial items and the character voice pack.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer for the console ports:
Gather your heroes and journey beyond the dungeons of castle Hammerwatch to explore a pixelated world like never before.
Blight the Horrible and his dragon army have succeeded in the sinister plot to overthrow King Roland and bring destruction across the Kingdom of Herian.
Not all is lost as hope hides deep within the sewer system, wher the King’s resistance movement hold strong. On the King’s order, a select few of mighty and skilled heroes have been entrusted with defeating Blight’s dragons and restoring the kingdom.
Adventure alone or gather your party to aid King Roland’s resistance, all while helping villagers along the way. Battle beasts, finish off hordes of the undead, and face the forces of evil in this epic ode to the classic ARPG.
- Explore a vast and dynamic open world – Journey through Hammer Island, the Fallowfields, and the dark mountainous regions of Blackbarrow. Experience a world complete with day/night and weather systems that will help shape your adventure.
- Aid townsfolk along the way – With an epic amount of quests, there is ample opportunity to be the hero Herian deserves.
- Build your Herian hero – Choose between five distinct character classes: Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Wizard, and Warlock. Customize your appearance and level up to unlock powerful new abilities and skills.
- Collect and craft – Stock up on items found and earned along the way and craft them into useful tools, magic potions, and delicious food.
- Share the adventure – Play alone or in online co-op mode with up to 3 other players.
- Change the world (PC specific) – Full modding support available upon release. Edit levels and be the author of your own epic.