The game has released today, and is also available via the Halo: the Master Chief Collection on the same platforms.
Working with Saber Interactive, the game includes the following features:
- “New Spartan customization 3D model viewer
- Ability to toggle between H:CEA and H:CE Classic audio for multiplayer
- Mouse + Keyboard input support
- Customizable key bindings
- Variable Frame Rate (VFR) support (experimental feature)
- Adjustable FOV (experimental feature)
- Ultrawide and alternate resolution support
- Text chat”
In addition, there have been improvements and bug-fixes to Halo: Reach. You can find the patch notes here.
Along with the new multiplayer options for Halo: the Master Chief Collection, and multiplayer in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, there will be double XP for medals (and doubling the XP cap for medal catagories) within the Master Chief Collection Multiplayer Matchmaking. This will last until March 9th.
You can find the launch trailer below:
Xbox Game Studios have released a new trailer for Halo: the Master Chief Collection- heavily implying there may soon be a release date announcement for Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary on Windows PC, and Xbox One.
As of this time of writing, Halo: the Master Chief Collection includes Halo: Reach. At a later date, it will include Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo 4.
However, it seems an announcement of the launch date for Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary will be coming soon. The “Unseal the Hushed Casket” trailer specifically mentions the game’s title in its own, and features scenes from the opening of the game.
You can find that trailer below:
We will keep you informed as we learn more.
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below:
“Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary* comes to PC as the second installment of Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Now optimized for PC, relive the spectacularly remastered edition of the original Halo campaign, created in celebration of the 10th anniversary of one of the most beloved franchises in gaming history. After crash-landing on a mysterious ringworld known as Halo, the Master Chief is tasked with helping the remaining humans survive against the overwhelming Covenant forces. While doing so, he and Cortana uncover Halo’s dark secret and fight to protect all life in the galaxy.
- PC Settings/Optimizations: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is now optimized for PC and looking better than ever at up to 4k UHD and at 60+ FPS.* Other PC native settings include customizable mouse and keyboard support, ultrawide support, FOV customization, and more.
- Campaign: Experience the second chapter in the Halo saga and fight your way as the Master Chief through 10 unforgettable missions.
- Anniversary Features: Toggle between the remastered graphics in the Anniversary edition and the graphics from the original Halo: Combat Evolved campaign.
- Multiplayer: Continue your Halo adventure with Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary’s iconic multiplayer featuring an updated progression system and over 19 unforgettable maps.
- Look to system requirements for guidance on hardware minimum specs to achieve performance metrics”
Halo: the Master Chief Collection is available now on Windows PC (via Steam), and Xbox One. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is available now on Xbox 360, and coming soon to Windows PC (via Steam), and Xbox One.