Publisher Nippon Ichi Software and developer Vanillaware have announced GrimGrimoire OnceMore, a new remaster of the classic PS2 game.
GrimGrimoire OnceMore is being developed for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 and has a release date set for July 28th in Japan, with a price point set at 5,478 yen, news confirmed in the latest Famitsu (via ryokutya2089).
Here’s what’s new in the remaster:
- New Element: Great Magic – Four new types of great magic available for use in magic battles. Newly drawn cut-in illustrations are used to activate them.
- The screen ratio has been widened.
- Fast-forward function during battles and stories.
- Save function in the middle of the game.
- Balance adjustment of the hard difficulty level, making the game more challenging than the original.
- Skill tree – Coins are obtained by completing the tasks set for each stage. Use the coins to enhance the magician. Coins can also be refunded.
- Gallery mode added to enjoy the illustrations.
- Not only higher resolution graphics, but also a new cast:
- Lillet Blan (voice by Iori Saeki)
- Margarita Surprise (voice by Miharu Hanai)
- Gammel Dore (voice by Teruo Seki)
- Advocat (voice by Hiromichi Tezuka)
This is Niche Imports. In this column, we regularly cover games that haven’t been announced for western audiences yet. Please leave feedback and let us know if there’s something you want us to cover!