Publisher Akupara Games and developer Clover Bite announced a release date for both GRIME‘s console ports and its free new “Colors of Rot” expansion.
The game is launching across Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, and PS5 alongside the “Colors of Rot” expansion on December 15th. The Switch version wasn’t given a release date today, and is likely delayed.
The new expansion for GRIME will be available for the Xbox and PlayStation versions from the get-go and will be a free update to owners of the original release on Windows PC (via GOG, Steam, and the Epic Games Store).
Here’s a rundown on the new content:
GRIME “Colors of Rot” Expansion
An unusual material collapses in on itself, the world shudders and contracts, and suddenly you are squeezed into existence.
What awaits you is a world unknown, alien in its own familiarity, and you must survive what terrors you face. Explore your surreal surroundings, absorb the many enemies you encounter, and use their own traits against them as you let yourself become far more than you once were.
GRIME lets you play to your preference, upgrading only those traits you feel most suited to your unique style. You’ll find there is more than one way to break open an enemy as you move through a variety of evocative environments, meet their inhabitants, and discover the source of their madness.
- Eye-Popping Surrealism – Uncover mysterious secrets in weeping caves and face-covered deserts. Meet otherworldly characters in distinct civilizations across an organic, interconnected world – all rendered in unearthly 3D. Face foes born of the world itself, and swallow them whole.
- Death-Defying Combat – Punish enemies by parrying their attacks, smash them from the ground or even airborne, and absorb them to grow your strength as you wage war on a living world.
- Living Weapons – Seamlessly swap weapons made of living creatures that mutate form during combat, from clawing swords to centipede whips.
- Unique Skill Progression – Hunt down and absorb challenging monsters to improve your skills and bring true customization to your playstyle.
- Challenge Astonishing Bosses – Defeat creatures dozens of times your size. Adapt to their strategies, withstand their assault, and consume them to gain game-changing abilities that affect both combat and traversal.
- Colors of Rot – Discover new abilities, new weapons, and new enemies that are champing at the bit just to get a piece of you. Explore Childbed and discover the horrifying mysteries that lie within.