Rockstar Games has announced Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition launches November 11 for PC and consoles.
When Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition launches November 11, it’ll be available for Windows PC (via the Rockstar Games Launcher), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5.
While the initial launch is digital-only, a physical version is coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4 later on December 7th. Pre-orders are now live on all platform digital stores.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the recently announced collection:
THREE ICONIC CITIES, THREE EPIC STORIES
Play the genre-defining classics of the original Grand Theft Auto Trilogy: Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas updated for a new generation, now with across-the-board enhancements including brilliant new lighting and environmental upgrades, with high-resolution textures, increased draw distances, Grand Theft Auto V-style controls and targeting, and much more, bringing these beloved worlds to life with all new levels of detail.
Grand Theft Auto III
It all starts in Liberty City. With revolutionary freedom to go anywhere and jack anyone, Grand Theft Auto III puts the center of the criminal underworld at your fingertips, if you have enough guts to take it.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Welcome to the 1980s. Experience Tommy Vercetti’s tale of betrayal and revenge in the neon-soaked tropical sprawl of Vice City, a town brimming with excess, ready to be taken over, your way.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
It’s the early ’90s. After a couple of cops frame him for homicide, Carl “CJ” Johnson is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets.
Updated Player Experience making it easier than ever to play these classic games, including:
- A GTAV-style controller layout
- Improved gunplay and targeting controls, with upgraded drive-by controls in GTA: San Andreas
- Updated Weapon and Radio Station selection wheels
- Updated Mini-Maps with enhanced navigation allowing players to set waypoints to destinations
- The ability to immediately restart a failed mission
- Plus new Rockstar Games Social Club Accomplishments for members
Enhanced Visuals, with improved graphics and fidelity across all three games, including:
- Higher resolution textures from characters to weapons, vehicles to roads, and much more for greater detail
- A completely rebuilt lighting system with enhanced shadows, reflections, and more
- Improved water and weather effects
- Enhanced detail in trees and foliage
- Increased draw distances to provide a new level of depth and definition
Plus Platform-Specific Features, including:
- 4K-resolution support with up to 60 FPS performance for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systems
- NVIDIA DLSS support for PC
- Touch screen camera zooming, pans and menu selections as well as Gyro aiming for the Nintendo Switch