While Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition has launched today, over 40 songs and some of the games’ cheats are absent.
PC Gamer reports that over 40 songs are missing across the trilogy. They note how Rockstar had previously stated “With more than 200 songs across 29 pioneering radio stations the series has become known for, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition’s iconic listings match the most recent release of the original versions (from 2014) – with no new changes.”
Notable, this means songs already removed from mobile ports would not be appearing in the Definitive Edition. While Grand Theft Auto 3 has kept its track, the missing tracks are across Vice City and San Andreas. These include Fist Fury, an original song made for Vice City, yet Critical Beatdown by Ultramagnetic MCs has returned after being removed from the Xbox 360 version of San Andreas.
You can find the full missing track list provided by Rockstar (via PC Gamer) below.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- 2 Live Crew – Get It Girl
- ABC – Poison Arrow
- Afrika Bambaataa & the Soulsonic Force – Looking for the Perfect Beat
- Alcatrazz – God Blessed Video
- Aneka – Japanese Boy
- Animotion – Obsession
- The Buggles – Video Killed the Radio Star
- The Cult – She Sells Sanctuary
- The Fixx – One Thing Leads to Another
- Gary Numan – Cars
- Herbie Hancock – Rockit
- Irakere – Añunga Ñunga
- Joe Jackson – Steppin’ Out
- John Waite – Missing You
- Kate Bush – Wow
- Lionel Richie – Running with the Night
- Love Fist – Fist Fury
- Loverboy – Working for the Weekend
- Michael Jackson – Billie Jean
- Michael Jackson – Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’
- Ozzy Osbourne – Bark at the Moon
- Quiet Riot – Cum On Feel the Noize
- Sigue Sigue Sputnik – Love Missile F1-11
- Trouble Funk – Pump Me Up
- Tyrone Brunson – The Smurf
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- 2Pac (ft. Pogo) – I Don’t Give a Fuck
- Augustus Pablo – King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown
- The Blackbyrds – Rock Creek Park
- Black Harmony – Don’t Let It Go to Your Head
- Blood Sisters – Ring My Bell
- Bobby Byrd – Hot Pants – I’m Coming, I’m Coming, I’m Coming
- Bobby Byrd – I Know You Got Soul
- Charles Wright & the Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band – Express Yourself
- Fatback Band – Yum Yum (Gimme Some)
- Gap Band – You Dropped a Bomb on Me
- George Clinton – Loopzilla
- James Brown – Funky President (People It’s Bad)
- James Brown – The Payback
- The JB’s – The Grunt
- Joe Cocker – Woman to Woman
- Lyn Collins – Rock Me Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again
- Maceo & The Macks – Soul Power 74
- N.W.A. – Express Yourself
- Ozzy Osbourne – Hellraiser
- Rage Against the Machine – Killing in the Name
- Roy Ayers – Running Away
- Tom Petty – Runnin’ Down a Dream
Nonetheless, Rockstar boast that “In addition to higher quality audio at 16bit 44hrz for all the source music from the stations as well as original ambient effects, players will also be able to experience the game in 5.1 Surround Sound.”
In addition, several of the game’s cheats are no longer present. Speaking to USA Today’s For The Win, Producer Rich Rosado explained they “had to remove a couple for technical reasons, certain things that didn’t play well in the Unreal base.” What cheats are missing was not elaborated upon.
“But that’s actually where I’ll leave it. There’s some fun with discovery. I’m not saying plus or minus, but I’d rather not just go right on the nose before the release of the game and go straight to the end credits.” The original Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy was delisted on the week of October 11th.
This is not the only cut content that had fans hot under the collar. A stereotypical red-neck character, Phil Cassidy, had his confederate flag censored from his shirt and replaced with a skull.
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition launches today for Windows PC (via the Rockstar Games Launcher), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.