Thanks to an upcoming gzdoom mod, fans of Rare’s classic Goldeneye will be able to relive Pierce Brosnan’s debut adventure from within the pixellated confines of the DOOM engine.
Hoping to improve upon the original Goldeneye total conversion, this new mod will attempt a more faithful and better balanced recreation of the popular N64 game using the gzdoom sourceport.
- Welcome to the new Goldeneye 007 tc, an updated version of the original goldeneye007tc for doom. But there are going to be many changes, such as the heavy use of 3d floors and dynamic lights, advanced weapons, and much much more. Work has commenced and is moving quickly, so expect a demo of the first level by around the end of the month.
- Here are some of the planned features
- Comic book style cutscenes, similar to action doom 2
- Redesigned and reworked levels
- More Bond One liners
- 3 model for the tank in the chase level
- ACS scripted events
- much much more cool stuff
Though there is no date for when the mod will be released, the author states that it is currently 75% complete. Those interested in following it should keep an eye on its mod db project page, or the creator’s youtube channel.