WB Games Montreal released the first update for Gotham Knights, and while it has the usual fixes – it curiously removed Denuvo DRM from the game.
Things got even stranger after users noticed the controversial anti-piracy DRM was removed – another update came that quietly re-added Denuvo back to the game.
Some of the more interesting bugs noted are hilarious things like “Invincible enemies playing a ‘meditating’ animation,” which will “no longer appear in crimes.”
The original patch for Gotham Knights made no mention of anything with Denuvo, but SteamDB noticed the game’s file size had been reduced by a couple hundred megabytes – only to have it be nearly re-added fully back in a subsequent patch.
Here’s the full notes from the original patch:
- Invincible enemies playing a “meditating” animation will no longer appear in crimes.
- Various UI issue fixes.
- Fixed issues caused by graphical settings not being applied properly.
- Various localization fixes.
- Fixed various Keyboard/Mouse specific input issues.
- Co-op: Fixed an issue that was preventing being able to join friends through invites.
- Stability: Various crash fixes throughout the title, most notably during the S.T.A.R. Labs “free the scientists” fight and the Harley Quinn Hospital Boss Fight. Fixed an AMD specific crash related to shadows.
- Known Issues: There may be some compatibility issues with Nvidia Ansel that we are still investigating for this patch
Gotham Knights is now available across Windows PC (via Steam and the Epic Games Store), Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation 5.