Playism has announced a definitive edition for indie Japanese developer Edelweiss’ gorgeous shoot ’em up, Astebreed.
The new definitive edition of the game comes with a new arrange mode, optimized controller support, various upgrades, improved visuals, new songs, new story parts, and more. Featured above, you can view a new trailer for the definitive edition.
Here’s a rundown of what’s new in the definitive edition of the game:
- New arrange mode
- Optimized controller system
- Added and improved upgrades
- Adjusted enemy arrangements and patterns for all stages & difficulties
- Additional episodes and scenes adding to the story
- Adding new songs
- Improved graphics and 1920×1080 support
- Improved 3D models
- Improved textures and higher resolution
- New compression format to improve details, lighting etc.
- Improved backgrounds and detail effects
- Various other things
If you already own the game via the Playism Store or Steam, you’ll get the definitive edition for free. Otherwise, newcomers will have to pony up for the game’s new price point at $19.99. There’s no word yet on when or if this update will hit the PlayStation 4 version – we’ve reached out to Playism for clarification.
Astebreed is now available for PC, Mac, and PlayStation 4. In case you missed our review for the PC version of Astebreed, you can find that here (we highly recommend it!).