Indie developer ION LANDS has just announced their latest title, a cyberpunk adventure game called Cloudpunk.
You play as Rania, a delivery driver for a semi-legal company named Cloudpunk. Explore the sprawling dystopian metropolis of Nivalis in your hover car and on foot as you meet a diverse cast of hackers, rogue AI, and androids.
Uncover a vast corporate conspiracy in a story that promises to offer players meaningful choices that heavily impact the narrative. You can check out the announcement trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Your name is Rania. This is your first night working for Cloudpunk, the semi-legal delivery company based in the sprawling city of Nivalis. You go everywhere, from the Marrow below to the spires that pierce the grey clouds high above before scraping the edge of the troposphere. No delivery job is too dangerous, and no one is faster than a Cloudpunk driver.
In this story-based cyberpunk game, you will meet a diverse range of characters including androids, AI and unscrupulous humans at every level of society. Everyone has a story, and in the course of one night in Nivalis, everything will change.
- Explore an immense vertical cyberpunk city with your hover car and on foot
- Unravel mysteries in a world of corporate conspiracy, hackers and rogue AI through the eyes of Rania
- Meet a diverse range of characters and immerse yourself in their everyday lives
- Your decisions will have a lasting impact on the inhabitants of Nivalis
- Discover hidden places and items unlocking additional stories
Cloudpunk will be available on Windows PC (via Steam) sometime in 2019.