Indie developer MUTAN has announced a release date for Goonya Monster.
The three-on-one asymmetrical action game is launching across Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 5 on December 4th. The Switch and PS5 versions are new, and all three will support crossplay multiplayer.
Here’s a rundown on the May-announced game:
GOONYA MONSTER is a party game where you go on a rampage playing as characters designed by Terada Tera. Split into Busters and Monsters to face off against one another! An absolutely absurd battle awaits you!
- Bite-Sized 3 Minute Matches! Busters vs Montsers – A 3 vs 1 party game with cutesy characters. Busters can use a unique cast of weapons, while Monsters can unleash powerful skills! Everyone is sure to have a blast playing!
- Terada Tera character designs – Terada Tera’s Character Designs faithfully recreated!
- Buster: Master a diverse set of weapons to sway the match outcome to your favor! – Lasers! Shotguns! Flamethrowers! Round up the enemies using an exhilarating line-up of weapons! The Buster’s Win Condition is to defeat Undead enemies roaming the stage and collect their souls.
- Monster: Send those pesky Busters flying with your extravagant Skills! Super-sized Beams to Super-sizing yourself! Use your ultimate “Predation” attack to defeat the Busters! Annihilate all the Busters, or survive until the time limit, and the Monster’s got the Win!
- Play a bunch to earn a bunch of costumes! – Playing Episode matches unlocks custom Items! Dress up your favourite characters in whacky outfits!
Here’s a new release date trailer: