Golgo 13 is a 1973 live-action film based on the manga of the same name.
In Japan, Golgo 13 is the longest running manga still in publication since it began in 1968.
Golgo 13 is a professional assassin of unknown origin (though he’s assumed to be Japanese). He’s a sullen man who takes on almost any job with ruthless efficiency.
The 1973 live-action film was a joint Japanese-Iranian production starring Ken Takakura.
The 2K remaster from Eureka is remastered from “original film elements”. You can check the full details of the release below:
The first film adaptation of the long-running manga series by Takao Saito, director Junya Satō cast Ken Takakura (who was the original inspiration for the character) as the mysterious and stoic killer-for-hire who always completes his assignment (usually with his signature scoped M16 rifle).
Almost impossible to see outside of Japan for many years, Eureka Classics is proud to present Golgo 13 in its UK debut on home video in a definitive Blu-ray edition.
- Limited Edition slipcase featuring new artwork by Tony Stella [2000 copies]
- 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a 2K restoration of the original film elements
- Optional English subtitles
- Brand new audio commentary by Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
- Lucky 13: Junya Sato’s biographers on Golgo 13 – Brand new interview with film writer Tatsuya Masuto and film critic Masaaki Nomura
- A limited edition collectors booklet featuring new writing on the film by Tom Mes [2000 copies]
- **All Extras subject to change
Buyer beware though, Eureka is based in the United Kingdom and it may not work on some region-locked devices.