Abbey Games have released the next big patch for their god game, Godhood.
The Newfound Shores update includes a ton of UI and mechanical tweaks to make the game more streamlined and easier to play based on community feedback. The update also adds islands, the generosity commandment, and the human sacrifice tenant. You can read more about the update here.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Create your Religion, choose your Disciples, and guide them to bring you glory! Inspire growth in your Disciples so they may challenge the false gods and converts their followers. Defeat your rivals, and become the One Truth!
- Create your Own Religion: From peaceful meditative monks to savage warrior-priests drenched in the blood of human sacrifice, mix and match religious dogmas to shape your worshippers’ morality!
- Auto-Battler Ritual Combat: Face other religions in turn-based auto-battler combat called sacraments. Use awe, persuasion, brute force or even flirtation to defeat and convert their worshippers.
- Guide Your Roster of Disciples: Disciples are the heroes of your religion. Choose their class and level up their abilities to create your perfect team of mighty missionaries.
- Manage Your Holy Site: Expand your holy site with new temples and buildings and unlock new options based on the religion you’re creating. Use these to collect tribute or power up your disciples even further.
- A Relaxing Mythical World: Vibrant hand-painted art and relaxing tunes let you fully immerse yourself in Godhood’s world of devoted worship and mythical heroes.
- Replayability: Experiment with different combinations of religious commandments, virtues, disciple classes, and holy relics.