Santa Monica Studios announced a release date for God of War Ragnarok, the sequel to the 2018’s God of War.
God of War Ragnarok will be releasing on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 on November 9th, 2022. Some rumors had placed Ragnarok being delayed until early 2023 due to production issues and other theories of contending with Elden Ring’s game of the year run.
Along with the announcement of the release date, a new CG trailer shows Kratos and Atreus fighting enemies together, showing their partnership skills in the face of adversity. It’s a TV spot size trailer that was posted to their YouTube channel and you can view it here:
Santa Monica Studios has also detailed multiple pre-order bonuses and editions you can purchase and pre-order. With the pre-order before launch, you get the “Launch Edition” which comes with Kratos Risen Snow Armor and Atreus Risen Snow Tunic which is a cosmetic in-game.
There is a standard edition that comes with full game on either PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5. If you do happen to buy the PS4 version and want to upgrade it will cost $10 USD (or currency equivalent).
As for the bigger editions, the Jötnar Edition comes with the most collectibles from any of them.
The list is as follows from the PlayStation Blog:
Inside the Knowledge Keeper’s Shrine, you’ll receive:
- Printed voucher code for the full God of War Ragnarök game on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles.*
- 7-Inch Vinyl Record with music by Bear McCreary – This includes two tracks from composer Bear McCreary.
- The Falcon, Bear, and Wolf Pin Set – Representing Faye, Kratos, and Atreus respectively, this pin set symbolizes our heroes’ family.
- The Legendary Draupnir Ring – A ring from Norse Mythology, the Legendary Draupnir Ring comes in a red cloth bag.
- Brok’s Dice Set – This dice setcomes with a metallic silver finish with blue detailing. The dice bag features the Huldra Brothers’ brand.
- Yggdrasil Cloth Map – This cloth map shows each of the Nine Realms within the branches and roots of Yggdrasil.
- A Steelbook Display Case (no game disc included)
- 2” Vanir Twins Carvings
- 16” Mjölnir Replica
Also included in the Jötnar Edition are the following digital items*:
- Kratos Darkdale Armor**
- Atreus Darkdale Attire (cosmetic) **
- Darkdale Blades Handles for the Blades of Chaos**
- Darkdale Axe Grip for the Leviathan Axe**
- Official God of War Ragnarök Digital Soundtrack
- Dark Horse Digital Mini Artbook
- Avatar Set
- PlayStation 4 Theme
While God of War Ragnarok launches in November, pre-orders for the collector’s editions starts on July 15th, 2022 at 10:00 am Local Time (10am Eastern Time for North America).