Coffee Stain Publishing and developer Coffee Stain North have announced Goat Simulator 3, the curious third entry to the 2014-released original Goat Simulator.
Goat Simulator 3 will be launching across Windows PC (via the Epic Games Store), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. The game will be available at most participating retailers, and preorders will include “pre-udder gear,” whatever that entails.
Here’s the reveal trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Goat Simulator 3
Goat Simulator 3 is a brand new third-person action game in which you get to become the literal GOAT. Just like the first Goat Simulator, you’ll need to climb, headbutt and lick your way across an open world map – this time with all new areas, challenges, and events to discover.
The game will have a familiar protagonist to those familiar with the original Goat Sim – Pilgor is back! And this time she’s bringing her herd to explore and destroy the world with. Goat Simulator 3 will let you invite up to three friends to explore, play mini-games and wreak havoc on the world together.
- EXPLORATION: Goat Simulator 3’s giant new world has plenty to discover – hidden secrets, quests, collectables and much, much more! Use your own four legs or buckle up for the ride of your life as allgoats can drive cars! (*Not in real life.)
- CHAOS AND REACTIVITY: Cause all manner of mayhem as you lick, headbutt, crash and explode your way across the map. Test the limits of the world’s physics and interact with objects for… surprising results.
- GOATS: You play as a goat! Pilgor, to be exact. However, you’ll also have the chance to wear the skins of many other ‘goats’. Tall goats, tasty goats – all the goats you expect and more.
- MULTIPLAYER: Your friends play as goats too! Goat Simulator 3 has 4 player co-op, locally or online. You’ll be able to travel through the open world together, cause mischief aplenty, and take part in 7 fun multiplayer mini-games.
- CUSTOMISATION: Players can fully customize their goat’s Head, Back, Feet, Body, Horns and Furs with over 300 different items to choose from – from toilet rolls to tea trays… and other actual clothing items, if you want to be like that.
- MORE: New NPCs to mess with, new weird and wonderful game physics, collectibles, easter eggs, events, lies, betrayal, heartbreak, and so much more await.
- How is this game different from the first one?
Unlike Goat Simulator, Goat Simulator 3 will allow you to play with friends. While you can still play as our main girl Pilgor, you’ll be exploring a whole new map, with new challenges, events and all sorts of wacky happenings.
- Is the game online or local co-op?
Both! You can invite your pals to your sofa for some good old fashioned couch co-op, or join up with them from further afield via online play.
- Can I customise my goat?
Of course! While you can’t exactly take Pilgor to a hair salon, you can change your skins to become a variety of different ‘goats’ even if to some they may look like other animals. Tasty goats (aka pigs), stripey goats – you name it, there’ll be a goat for you. There are also over 300 items to deck out your character in style from their horns to their hooves.
- Is there in-game paid content?
Nothing to announce at this time.
- Will there be DLC in the future?
Nothing to announce at this time.
- So what’s this about a musical?
… Nothing to announce at this time?