Iron Galaxy Studios and publisher Modus Games have announced the release date for Extinction, their upcoming giant-slaying game.
The new action game will launch across PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on April 10th.
Players can pick up the game in a standard retail version, as well as a deluxe edition for $10 extra, which includes the “Days of Dolorum” season pass. You can purchase the season pass by itself for an extra $15.
If you pre-order the game, you’ll get a different bonus DLC pack depending on what distributor you go with:
- Best Buy – ‘Short Fuse’ trial: Get rewarded when you complete unique objectives in this bonus trial.
- GameStop – Two exclusive trials titled ‘Last Legs’ and ‘Heads, You Win’: Work against the clock as you hone your ogre-slaying skills.
- PlayStation Store – ‘Double Trouble’ trial: Save humanity before it’s too late in this bonus trial that will test every aspect of your strength, speed, and skill.
- Microsoft Store – ‘Brightsteel City’ trial: This bonus trial will challenge even the most skillful Sentinel.
Here’s a rundown on the game, via Maximum Games:
As far back as anyone can remember, humanity has been at war with itself. For generations, kingdoms have fought amongst themselves while the real threat loomed in the distance. Only those trained in the ways of the ancient order stand a chance at defeating the 150-foot-tall ogres and the armies that trail in their wake. You are one of the world’s last Sentinels, a soldier named Avil, equipped with the skills to battle the endless waves of Ravenii.
In Extinction, you’ll fight massive ogres and their minions across a sprawling countryside, defending cities and rescuing native villagers torn from their homes. Swiftly define your strategy as hordes attack from the ground and air. Use the dynamic skill-based combat system to tactically disarm and dismember enemies before going in for the kill.
- Deep Story Campaign. Protect the human population across an abundant story campaign, rescuing as many civilians as possible and taking down brutal opponents.
- Dynamic Side Missions. Complete numerous side missions with various objectives, earning upgrades to aid you in your campaign.
- Skill-Based Combat. Travel horizontally and vertically, perform wall runs, and use your whip as a vault to perform devastating air assaults. Master dynamic combat maneuvers to effectively traverse the giant beasts and expose their weak points, progressing along different skill trees to develop a path best suited to your playstyle.
- Interactive Environment. Move freely around a fully destructible environment, and use objects throughout the world to your strategic advantage.
- Innumerable Battle Scenarios. Every battlefield is different from the last, ensuring a unique combat situation each time you play.
- Custom Battles. Create custom battlegrounds with varied objectives, and challenge players online to compete for the top score.
- Extinction Mode. Fight off a continuous horde of assailants as wave after wave of ogres and their minions attack without relent.