Publisher Konami and developer GuruGuru have announced GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon is now available for Switch, with its 1.0 PC release coming soon.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon combines intense roguelite hack-and-slash action with a stunning dark fantasy world, brought to life through the stroke of traditional Japanese art.
As the chosen leader and guardian of the land of the living, wield the otherworldy arsenal and powers of the Getsu clan as you descend deeper into the depths of Hell to eradicate the source of the cataclysm.
- Distinct Ukiyo-e Inspired Visuals – Inspired by the Japanese ukiyo-e art style, the world of GetsuFumaDen is as beautiful as it is deadly. Vibrant, dynamic 2D animations bring the artistic world to life.
- Brutal, Larger than Life Boss Battles – A reanimated demon lord, a colossal centipede, and a five-headed hydra are only some of the myriad massive and fearsome monsters and yokai standing in your way. Defend yourself against their relentless onslaught and emerge victorious to descend deeper into the depths of Hell.
- Dynamic, Weapon-Based Combat – Master the rythmn of intense sword fighting action: pacing and timings of movements are inspired by Japanese martial arts. Utilize the unique special moves of a wide range of weapon types including katanas, battle umbrellas and spears to outsmart your enemies.
- Authentic Roguelite Action – While death is not the end, the world of Hell lives and breathes, presenting new map layouts and challenges to overcome with each attempt. Permanent upgrades, customizable weapons, and variable level progression provide new opportunities and challenges for every run.
- Immersive Weapon Enhancement System – The crafting process gives you complete control over the ability to collect, enhance and unlock abilities of main and sub weapons. Unlock enhancements to your favorite weapons at each run, and get back in the action!
- Soul Devour Power-Up System – Collect souls during each descent to power up in real time. Utilize the unique power-up system to dynamically and strategically select enhancements.