Brace Yourself Games have released a new gameplay trailer for their upcoming mech tactics game, Phantom Brigade.
In the game, you control a squad of mech pilots fighting a guerilla campaign to retake their homeland from a technologically and numerically superior enemy superpower.
The game uses a blend of real-time and turn-based tactics, where you issue a string of commands to your mechs, watch them play out in real-time, then issue new orders based on the outcome. You can check out the trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Phantom Brigade is a hybrid turn-based & real-time tactical RPG, focusing on in-depth customization and player driven stories. As the last surviving squad of mech pilots, you must capture enemy equipment and facilities to level the playing field. Outnumbered and out-gunned, lead The Brigade through a desperate campaign to retake their war-torn homeland.
- Cinematic spin on the turn-based genre – Predict enemy movements, orchestrate precisely timed countermeasures and watch the action unfold.
- Strategy – Make high-level tactical decisions on the world map, manage your base, and decide how to apply your limited resources.
- Tactical combat – Take command of your squad in varied missions ranging from sabotage of enemy equipment and infiltration of high tech facilities to convoy ambushes and challenging outpost onslaughts.
- Customization – Featuring a rich customization system, the game enables you to fine-tune performance of your mechs, install a wide selection of equipment and access a wealth of cosmetic options. Make your ready to face any challenge – in style.
- Destructible environments – It’s not a proper game about walking tanks without some falling buildings. The game allows every square meter of every scene to be destroyed. Blow up any cover and collapse buildings over your enemies.