The Paris-based developer is set to work on new intellectual properties with their own internal studios, while also providing expertise for publishing games and services at a worldwide scale.
The founders of the company have an average 22 years of experience in the games industry and have worked on franchises like: World of Warcraft, Jedi Knight, Half-Life, Counterstrike, Hearthstone, EverQuest, Call of Duty, Sonic the Hedgehog, Diablo, Crash Bandicoot, and Overwatch, to name a few.
Also on board are:
- President and Chief Executive Officer Cédric Maréchal, who has almost three decades of experience within the industry working for companies like Blizzard, Vivendi Games, SEGA and Cryo, and having previously served as International Senior Vice-President of Activision Blizzard
- Chief Operating Officer Benoit Dufour, himself a former International Vice President of Activision Blizzard who also worked at Vivendi Games
- Chief Growth Officer Delphine Le Corre, previously Senior Director EMEA at Blizzard and who also worked at Vivendi Games
- Chief Content Officer Emmanuel Obert, former EMEA Director at Blizzard after an initial career at Ubisoft
- Kim Gresko, former Composite Artist at LucasArts and cofounder of Blue Silver Studios
- Ray Gresko, previous Global Chief Development Officer at Blizzard and cofounder of Blue Silver Studios
- Julia Humphreys, former Overwatch Production Director at Blizzard and Senior Producer at Seven Studios
“We have formed a team of passionate gamers with an unrivaled degree of experience, having grown some of the biggest IPs and player communities” says NEW TALES President and CEO Cédric Maréchal. “Gaming has rarely seen such an exciting time, fuelled by tons of innovation and creativity. However, the frequency of new releases keeps rising rapidly, reinforcing the need for great international publishing. NEW TALES is a one-stop-shop publishing solution where we’re going to work with developers, as one united team, dedicated to maximizing success. We are also building our internal production capabilities to develop our own games and IPs. We are looking forward to joining forces with people who share our values and passion!”
New Tales is already working with partners that share the company’s ambition and values, while also working on developing their own production capabilities around their first IP.