Stardock Entertainment have released the alpha version of their upcoming sci-fi 4X game, Galactic Civilizations IV.
This latest installment in the long-running 4X franchise was announced in May, along with the promise that an alpha version was coming soon.
Galactic Civilization IV promises a wide range of enhancements and new features over its predecessors, including reworks to combat, improved AI, a bigger tech tree, star sectors, and much more. The alpha is currently available through the Early Access program via the Epic Games Store.
You can find the rundown (via the Epic Games Store) below:
As the all-powerful leader of a spacefaring civilization, you must seek out new star systems and discover the exciting potential of the subspace realm. There are thousands of worlds to colonize and dozens of civilizations – both old and new – to encounter.
Galactic Civilizations IV
Warfare. Planetary Conquest. Cultural Domination. Political Alliances. Technological Supremacy. How will you achieve victory?
Galactic Civilizations IV is a space-based 4X strategy game set in the 24th century. Humans have discovered faster-than-light travel, and aliens compete with humanity for dominion of the galaxy.
You begin the game with only your home planet and must research new technologies, explore the known galaxy, and colonize new worlds while keeping your people at home happy. At the same time, you will engage in trade, diplomacy, intrigue and war with other alien civilizations.
Galactic Civilizations IV builds on the successes of all its predecessors and adds so much more to the game. You will appoint leaders, explore star sectors, and enjoy a brand-new combat and invasion system. More in-depth research options, story driven missions, and a new 4-axis ideology system will fully immerse you into your role as a galactic leader.
Lead your civilization to prosperity and answer the age-old question: How Will You Rule Your Galaxy?
- Explore the galaxy. Seek out new star systems and discover the exciting potential of the subspace realm.
- Meet new civilizations. The universe is teeming with civilizations both advanced and primitive. Set opponents’ difficulty and technological advancement.
- Colonize new worlds. Thousands of worlds to colonize, most awful but all colonizable…if you dare.
- Discover new technologies. Invent new technologies, some are easier than others for your species to grasp.
- Recruit and mentor citizens. Each citizen is unique with their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Shape your government. Determine which citizens to place in positions of power and what planets you wish to see governed while taking care not to be defeated in a coup.
- Choose your destiny. Choose the type of civilization you want to be through your actions and choices.
- Adventure awaits you. The galaxy has a rich, ancient history that you will discover through missions and events.
Galactic Civilizations IV will get a full release in 2022 for Windows PC.