Stardock Games have dropped a release trailer for Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution, an expansion for Galactic Civilizations III.
Players now gain access to two new major civilizations, artifacts, supply ships, a new technology tree, a new campaign, and the ability to construct hypergates to rapidly move across the galaxy.
The expansion is currently discounted by 10% on Steam until February 28th. A similar discount appears to be happening directly via Stardock Games‘ website. The expansion is not currently available on Good Old Games.
You can find the full run-down below:
What started as a crusade has become a war of retribution.
Across the galaxy, ancient alien artifacts are being discovered, giving civilizations powerful new capabilities. Meanwhile, as civilizations try to carefully balance building an economy, funding an ever growing war machine, and engaging in diplomacy, the humans of Sol III have invented a game-changing new technology – Hypergates – which, when connected, allow for rapid transit across the galaxy.
With two new major civilizations and the concluding campaign to the Galactic Civilizations III backstory that serves this massive space 4X sandbox game, Retribution asks the question: How will you rule your galaxy?
- Artifacts – Powerful items buried on planets across the galaxy will give your civilization instant-access to new abilities.
- Hypergates – Construct powerful gateways that, when linked, allow your fleets to travel even faster across hyperspace.
- New Major Civilizations – The Drath and the Korath are back! The manipulative Drath pull the strings across the galaxy while the Korath rely on extermination. Each has its own set of special abilities, bonuses, and ship parts.
- Supply ships – No longer do your planets act just as islands in space. Supply ships can be constructed to deliver goods and services to your other planets to aid in their development.
- New Technology Tree – A top to bottom overhaul of the technology tree adds depth and sharpens the strategic choices in your research options.
- Retribution Campaign – The climactic final battle players have been waiting for. The malevolent Drengin Empire thought humans were soft and peace-loving. They made a terrible mistake that may now end in their extinction.
Galactic Civilizations III is out now on Windows PC (via Good Old Games, Steam, and directly from Stardock Games). In case you missed it – you can find our review for the original Galactic Civilizations III here (we highly recommend it!).