Publisher Top Hat Studios and developer Molegato announced Frogun Encore, a sequel to their 2022 throwback platformer Frogun.
Frogun Encore is launching sometime this summer across Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Switch, PS4, and PS5.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus its reveal trailer:
Frogun ENCORE is a dashing standalone expansion/sequel to indie hit FROGUN! Explore the world with your trusty Frogun in this cute, lowpoly adventure!
Three whole years have passed since Renata defeated Beelzebub, and her small vacation in Jake’s town is cut short when the fly bois attack again! It seems one of Beelzebub’s loyal followers has an evil scheme in motion to bring him back, and Renata, Jake and Hatter will have to travel the whole world to foil his plans.
Join Renata on a brand new FROGUN adventure in this fast-paced classic 3D platformer! Building off of the original gameplay, FROGUN Encore features a slew of new movements, like the double jump, sling catapult and toss jump! Plus, experience FROGUN in true couch co-op. Have Jake pop in at any time to explore together the perilous ruins!
As Renata (and Jake!) navigate the world in all new environments, collect notes and all sorts of treasure and retrieve all fly emblems.
- Explore colorful levels as you trek across the world – explore whimsical areas and environments in stylish lowpoly aesthetic
- Expanded fluid movement ; jump, double jump, swing on ledges and poles, grapple, and use your trusty Frogun to navigate the environment in new, unique ways!
- Fight big bosses
- Find secret areas or shortcuts by mastering advanced jumping & grappling mechanics! How nimble are you?
- Collect emblems by fulfilling level challenges, and discover the stories of other adventurers through hidden diary notes
- Unlock hats for your characters and show off your swag!
- A poseable photo mode to let you show off your creativity!
- True Co-Op; play with your best friend and cooperate or race together towards the end of each level!