Publisher and developer GalaxyTrail announced Freedom Planet 2 is coming to consoles next summer.
Freedom Planet 2 is coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 in summer 2023. The game is set to launch for Windows PC and Linux (via Steam) first on September 13th.
“Development of the game is now in its final stages, with only the credits sequence and a few smaller cutscenes left to build,” GalaxyTrail said in a post. “Our whole team has done such an exceptional job over the years, and we’re more excited than ever to release it into the wild next month!!”
Here’s a rundown on Freedom Planet 2:
Join the heroes of Avalice as they face their greatest challenge yet! An ancient terror has emerged from the depths of the ocean. Merga, a water dragon from Avalice’s oldest and deadliest war, has been freed from her crystal prison as a consequence of the Kingdom Stone’s destruction. War is imminent once again, but this time, the heroes are split between sides. As friendships are tested, will the girls stand united when Bakunawa rises?
- Four playable characters available from the start, each with her own unique fighting style: Lilac the Dragon (Speed Type), Carol the Wildcat (Brawler Type), Milla the Hound (Explorer Type), and Neera the Frost Knight (Power Type).
- Explore the world of Avalice in Adventure mode. Travel through a sprawling world map filled with treasures, landmarks, and over 100 unique animal NPCs to interact with and catalog.
- Dive straight into the action with Classic Mode. A streamlined navigation screen gives you quick access to stages and other important features without the need for travelling.
- Test your fighting skills in the Battlesphere arena. Once reached, the Battlesphere hosts a variety of challenges featuring enemies and bosses you’ve previously encountered, along with brand new surprises!
- Parry enemy attacks with the new Guard button. If timing’s not your thing, an Auto Guard option in the Assist settings makes your character automatically guard against attacks if possible.
- A new Revival system gives you a chance to clinch victory during very close battles. Use it wisely – it costs a stock and two more hits will knock you out again!
- Power up your heroine with customizable potions. Collect and mix a rainbow of ingredients that boost her vitality in different ways, such as increasing her stock count, shield durability, attack power, speed, and more.
- Change the rules with a multitude of equippable items. Amulets and Charms provide helpful effects, while Brave Stones make combat harder in exchange for bonus crystals.