The Butcher’s Circus free DLC for Darkest Dungeon has launched on Windows PC, adding player versus player.
Darkest Dungeon is a rogue like RPG where players assemble a team of misfit adventurers to delve into their ancestral family home. The game is known for its grimdark aesthetic, difficulty, and narration.
The new free DLC, The Butcher’s Circus, brings a macabre carnival to the game’s featured hamlet. The mysterious “Butcher” demands a show, and the only entertainment he’s after is bloodsport.
The Butcher’s Circus adds a long-promised PvP (Player versus Player) option to the game. Players can pit a team of four heroes against other players. Though PvP might be daunting in a game where death is the end for characters, the DLC promises that the heroes lost in The Butcher’s Circus won’t affect the main game.
You can read the full rundown of the The Butcher’s Circus via Steam below.
The Hamlet may have fallen on hard times, but the creak of wagons and blare of abused trumpets signals a change in fortune for the bold and meek alike: the Circus is in town!
A weathered and bloodstained pavilion tent beckons, the Twins flank the flap, and a rheumy-eyed Barker announces:
“The Butcher demands a show!”
“Buy the ticket, take the ride.”
― Hunter S. Thompson
- New Hamlet Location: The Butcher’s Circus
- Engage in no-holds-barred PvP combat with teams of 4 heroes (without risking your Campaign heroes)
- Climb the ranks to show off your command of heroes and ability to weather misfortune and violence
- Unlock banner components and use your creativity to assemble your own duelist heraldry
- Strategize with new gladiatorial trinkets that can mean all the difference in pitched battles against other heroes
- A gleefully warped musical theme by Stuart Chatwood, Narrator quips by the esteemed Wayne June, and all new gripping sound FX by Power Up Audio
Darkest Dungeon: The Butcher’s Circus is available now, for free, on Windows PC, Linux, and Mac (all via Steam). it is unknown at present when or if the new DLC will be coming to GOG, and consoles.