CookieByte Entertainment have released a big free update for their turn-based tactics game, Fort Triumph.
The update adds 27 new events and locations to the world map, as well as a new type of battle where units can only inflict damage by manipulating the environment using the game’s physics system. The update also rebalances combat encounters by setting the second player’s units in Brace or Overwatch, to counteract the advantage of going first.
The final big change in the update is a rebalancing of the trait system. In addition to 29 new traits being added to the game, the current traits have all had their rarities rebalanced. Heroes can also now have up to three traits. You can read more about the update here.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
Fort Triumph is a challenging fantasy turn-based tactics game where permanent death is a possibility at any moment. How’s that for pressure?
Lead a band of heroes with different skill sets through a witty, parody fantasy plot. Missions with various objectives are waiting for you on tiled procedural maps—whether in story mode or skirmish, prepare yourself for a grand adventure.
- Utilize your surroundings: Every tree or boulder is a potential weapon in battle.
- Strategize: Choose between four factions and four classes. Build your base, gather resources and teach your characters new skills!
- Grow your heroes: Gain traits and cross-class skills to make your heroes unique every time you play!
- Explore procedurally generated maps: Fort Triumph features flexible world maps with variable locations and events. Each battle calls for a new plan.
- Turn up the volume: Marco Valerio Antonini, an award-winning composer, created the original in-game music.