Publisher Square Enix and developer Luminous Productions have announced the Forspoken release date is set for May 2022.
The Forspoken release date is set for May 24th, 2022 on Windows PC (via Steam, the Epic Games Store, and the Microsoft Store) and PlayStation 5.
Here’s a new trailer:
In case you missed it, you can find the previous story trailer here.
Lastly, Square Enix also confirmed a Digital Deluxe Edition for the game, which is already up for pre-order. It contains the following:
- Rare Resource Kit (Only included for the PlayStation®5 console Digital Deluxe Edition)
- Mini Artbook (Digital Download)
- Mini Soundtrack (Digital Download)
- Forspoken: In Tanta We Trust prequel story DLC*
If you pre-order the Digital Deluxe Edition, you’ll get the following bonuses:
- No Limits Cloak, Symbol Combo Necklace, Trigger Happy Nails and Crafting Starter Kit (PS5™)
- Elite Cloak, Spectra Combo Necklace and Overclock Nails (PC)
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Mysteriously transported from New York City, Frey Holland finds herself trapped in the breathtaking land of Athia. A magical, sentient bracelet is inexplicably wrapped around her arm, and Frey discovers the ability to cast powerful spells and use magic to traverse the sprawling landscapes of Athia. Frey nicknames her new golden companion “Cuff” and sets off to find a way home.
Frey soon learns this beautiful land once flourished under the reign of benevolent matriarchs, called Tantas, until a devastating blight relentlessly corrupted everything it touched. The Break transformed animals into beasts, men into monsters, and rich landscapes into four dangerous realms. At the center of their shattered domains, the Tantas now rule as maddened and evil sorceresses.
Unaffected by the Break and desperate for answers, Frey reluctantly agrees to help the last remaining citizens of Athia who see her as their only hope. Frey’s journey through this strange and treacherous land will take her deep into the heart of corruption where she must battle monstrous creatures, confront the powerful Tantas, and uncover secrets that awaken something much more from within.
- The Odyssey of a Reluctant Hero Lead Frey on an unforgettable journey in her search for a way home after being mysteriously transported to a breathtaking, fantastical land. Unravel the mysteries of Athia as Frey travels through the calamitous Break and discovers how to wield an immense power.
- A Beautiful and Cruel Open-World Explore the sprawling realms of Athia, a striking land of remarkable vistas and otherworldly creatures brought to life through stunning graphics and cutting-edge technology. Venture deep into corrupted territories where a mysterious darkness defiles everything it touches.
- Intuitive, Magic-Enhanced Parkour Scale walls, vault across canyons, leap from dizzying heights, and dash through vast landscapes. Frey’s unique abilities allow her to fluidly traverse the open world with ease.
- Customizable Arsenal of Spells Take on twisted monsters in magical combat with a wide range of powerful abilities catering to a variety of playstyles – from fast-paced and exhilarating to strategic and methodical.