Publisher Square Enix and developer Luminous Productions shared a new Forspoken trailer showcasing its PC release and features.
Here’s a rundown on the features in the PC release:
- Stunning visuals with AMD FidelityFX™ Support
- Smooth performance options of up to 60 frames per second (With AMD FSR Support)
- Fast loading times (with Samsung SSD support)
- 32:9 ultra-widescreen support* for a more immersive experience and panoramic views
- Full HDR support and customisable resolutions, aspect ratios and graphic features
- Direct sound compatible device and 7.1 audio (Ambisonics) support
- Freedom to play with either Keyboard & Mouse or Controller input (DUALSHOCK®4 and DualSense™ Wireless Controllers, DirectInput or Xinput compatible controller)
Here’s a rundown on Forspoken:
Mysteriously transported from New York City, Frey Holland finds herself trapped in the breathtaking land of Athia. A magical, sentient bracelet is inexplicably wrapped around her arm, and Frey discovers the ability to cast powerful spells and use magic to traverse the sprawling landscapes of Athia. Frey nicknames her new golden companion “Cuff” and sets off to find a way home.
Frey soon learns this beautiful land once flourished under the reign of benevolent matriarchs, called Tantas, until a devastating blight relentlessly corrupted everything it touched. The Break transformed animals into beasts, men into monsters, and rich landscapes into four dangerous realms. At the center of their shattered domains, the Tantas now rule as maddened and evil sorceresses.
Unaffected by the Break and desperate for answers, Frey reluctantly agrees to help the last remaining citizens of Athia who see her as their only hope. Frey’s journey through this strange and treacherous land will take her deep into the heart of corruption where she must battle monstrous creatures, confront the powerful Tantas, and uncover secrets that awaken something much more from within.
- The Odyssey of a Reluctant Hero – Lead Frey on an unforgettable journey in her search for a way home after being mysteriously transported to a breathtaking, fantastical land. Unravel the mysteries of Athia as Frey travels through the calamitous Break and discovers how to wield an immense power.
- A Beautiful and Cruel Open-World – Explore the sprawling realms of Athia, a striking land of remarkable vistas and otherworldly creatures brought to life through stunning graphics and cutting-edge technology. Venture deep into corrupted territories where a mysterious darkness defiles everything it touches.
- Customizable Arsenal of Spells – Take on twisted monsters in magical combat with a wide range of powerful abilities catering to a variety of playstyles – from fast-paced and exhilarating to strategic and methodical.
- Intuitive, Magic-Enhanced Parkour – Scale walls, vault across canyons, leap from dizzying heights, and dash through vast landscapes. Frey’s unique abilities allow her to fluidly traverse the open world with ease.