Publisher 1C Entertainment and developer Byte Barrel have announced Forgive Me Father 2, a surprise sequel to their excellent horror FPS shooter.
Forgive Me Father 2 is in development for Windows PC (via Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store) and is reportedly “coming soon.”
Here’s a rundown on the new sequel, plus its reveal teaser:
Journey once again into a malevolent world inspired by H.P Lovecraft’s myths where madness never sleeps. Embark on a path to salvation as you continue the story of the Priest character from the first installment. How long can you balance on the edge of sanity? Will your sins be forgiven, or your soul consumed by madness?
- Distinctive dark comic-like visuals – Dark hand-drawn graphic design where every frame looks like a page from a comic book is one of the pillars of Forgive Me Father, and the sequel brings a fresh perspective to its unique style with improved sprites and models. Prepare to feast your eyes on juicy blood effects and animated gibs flying everywhere!
- Dive into the madness – Defeat Lovecraftian nightmares with a wide range of weapons. Fight hosts of diverse, formidable enemies and beware: each and every one of them evolves into different, ever more evil and twisted forms of themselves.
- Gear up and fight! – Define your own playstyle and assemble the deadliest arsenal with plenty of weapons to choose from, each with even more powerful variations designed to cause absolute mayhem and bring utter destruction upon your foes. Take your pick from devastating shotguns, lethally accurate rifles, explosive firearms, and unleash their full potential.
- Dynamic madness system – Overwhelming madness is your best friend and worst enemy at the same time. Embrace the insanity and become more powerful with a dynamic power-up system. Strengthen yourself by picking new unlocks along the way and blast through hordes of enemies with wild abandon!
- Original soundtrack – Experience the surprisingly fitting combination of strong electric guitar riffs and energetic drums underscoring the dark Lovecraftian atmosphere. Slay hordes of deranged cultists and confront unimaginable ancient evil while listening to the original soundtrack that will make you headbang for hours on end.