Publisher Wales Interactive and developer Kaigan Games have announced console ports for Simulacra.
The full motion video horror game is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on December 3rd. Featured above, you can view a new trailer for the console ports.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
From the creators of Sara is Missing, Simulacra is a spiritual sequel to the highly acclaimed “found phone” horror game.
You found the lost phone of a woman named Anna. In it, you see a desperate cry for help in the form of a video message. The phone behaves strangely as you dive deeper into it. You talk to her friends and they have no idea where she is. Her texts, emails and photo gallery provides fragments of information. It’s up to you to piece it together.
Recover lost files, piece back corrupted data, and retrace her final steps. Find her before it’s too late.
Fully Realized Phone Apps
Simulacra is an immersive narrative thriller using the interface of a mobile phone. Like all phones, you have messages, emails, gallery and all kinds of apps to look through. With a strong focus on realism, the game’s characters are played by live actors and shot at real locations. Dive into Anna’s life as you look at her private photos, go through her dating app or view her personal video logs.
- Explore a fully realized world through the lens of a mobile phone.
- Enjoy a unique gameplay experience through popular phone apps, including a dating app, a social media app and a web browser.
- An expansive narrative with hours of gameplay that leads to five possible endings.
- Filmed with live actors and an extensive voice-overs cast.
- Solve the recurring image and text decryption puzzles to learn more about Anna’s story.
Simulacra has been available for Windows PC (via Steam), iOS, and Android. A sequel for the game, Simulacra 2, is launching for all the aforementioned platforms on December 12th.