Publisher Toplitz Productions and developer RealityArts Studio have announced the participation of their upcoming first-person action RPG, Unawake, in the Steam Next Fest, which is set for October 9, 2023 to October 16, 2023.
This new demo will contain more content and added mechanics compared to that of the alpha demo for Unawake shown earlier this year at Gamescom.
Here’s a rundown of the game, plus new trailer:
The eternal war between the forces of Heaven and Hell will be decided by you.
After an archaeological discovery on the grounds of an ancient city, it soon became clear that the dig site offered more than historic value and priceless artifacts. But nobody could have predicted what this extraordinary location would hold and what forces would be unleashed on humanity.
Trained for the sole purpose of entering the discovered underground structures, you descend into the unknown. Into a world that defies everything you know. Every step takes you deeper into madness and while you discover the mind bending truth, your reality and perception will be altered forever.
Experience frantic, yet tactical first-person melee combat in breathtaking environments that push the boundaries of imagination. Fight against impossible odds with a multitude of weapons enhanced by a deep customization system, while you unearth a dark secret that will change the course of humanity forever.
- Breathtakingly surreal levels with details only Unreal Engine 5 can deliver: Stunningly designed environments enhance the tense atmosphere.
- Fast and tactical first-person melee combat: No encounter will be the same, while you adapt to the ever changing approach of the wide variety of opponents.
- Story based game progression: Discover an epic story spanning eons, that effortlessly blends science fiction with history as well as dark fantasy. Survive in a dystopian end-time where you are the key to humanity’s survival in the everlasting war between the forces of Heaven and Hell.
- Experience-based character and skill progression: Level up, learn new skills and use them to your advantage against the ever-evolving enemies.
- More than 20 skills to customize your way of play: How you fight through the never ending onslaught is fully up to you.
- Vanquish your enemies with a multitude of weapons: From your trusty sword to bows and arrows you will find more than enough options to eradicate your foes.
- Customize your weapons to gain the advantage in relentless battles: Elemental effects and buffs will give you the edge against your opponents.
Unawake is planned to launch sometime in 2024 for PC (via Steam).