THQ Nordic has shared the first gameplay for SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated.
Featured above, the first gameplay was shown off for the game at this year’s Gamescom, during a livestream the publisher hosted.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Are you ready, kids? The cult classic is back, faithfully remade in spongetastic splendor! Play as SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy and show the evil Plankton that crime pays even less than Mr. Krabs. Want to save Bikini Bottom from lots of rampant robots with your mighty bubbles? Of course you do! Want to underpants bungee jump? Why wouldn’t you! Want to join forces in a brand new multiplayer mode? The battle is on!
- Play as SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy, and use their unique sets of skills.
- Thwart Plankton’s evil plan to rule Bikini Bottom with his army of wacky robots.
- Meet countless characters from the beloved series.
- Faithful remake of one of the best SpongeBob games ever created.
- High-end visuals, modern resolutions, and carefully polished gameplay.
- Brand new horde mode multiplayer for up to two players, online and splitscreen.
- Restored content that was cut from the original game like the Robo Squidward boss fight and more.
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated is launching across Windows PC (via Steam), PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.