Square Enix and developer Platinum Games have confirmed the western release date for NieR: Automata’s first downloadable content.
The new DLC pack, appropriately named “3C3C1D119440927″ and themed around the original NieR, will launch on May 2 in the west – the same day it launches in Japan.
The new content will include both costumes based on the original NieR, new sub-quests, as well as three new colosseums, to celebrate the game shipping over one million copies. You can find gameplay for the new DLC here in our previous report.
Upon completing the new quests, players can earn new rewards, including:
- Costumes from the previous Japanese release, NieR: Replicant, for androids 2B, 9S and A2
- Records that add special music tracks to the players’ jukebox
- New equipment and cosmetic accessories such as hairspray that allows you to change the color of 2B and A2’s hair
- Masks with unique “on equip” effects
- Special bullets that change the appearance of enemy bullets
In case you missed it, you can find our thorough written and video review for NieR: Automata here (we highly recommend it!).