Square Enix have announced new details of Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.3 – Reflections in Crystal, which had previously been delayed.
As detailed in the press release, the new content includes the continuation of the Nier Automata cross-over questline, along with the main scenario questline (A Realm Reborn) being reworked to be more “streamlined” for new players.
You can find the full rundown on the new content and screenshots (via press release) below. One of these new screenshots can be found above.
- New Main Scenario Quests – The curtains rise for the final act of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers main scenario questline.
- Main Scenario Questline Update: A Realm Reborn – The main scenario questline in A Realm Reborn will be reworked to give new players a more streamlined experience as they progress to Heavensward and beyond. Additionally, players will be able to fly in A Realm Reborn areas upon completion of “The Ultima Weapon” quest.
- New YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse Alliance Raid – Following Patch 5.1’s The Copied Factory, this next NieR-inspired alliance raid, titled The Puppets Bunker will unravel further mysteries of the machine lifeforms on the First.
- New Dungeon: The Heroes’ Gauntlet – Players can tackle this new challenge alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters, using the Trust system.
- New Trial: Parties of eight players can challenge this new challenging trial battle in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- Save the Queen Questline Updates – Players can enhance weapons obtained in the first chapter of this ongoing quest series as they explore an all-new area. Additionally, new large-scale battle content will be added as part of the update.
- New “Chronicles of a New Era” Quest: The Sorrow of Welt – Part of the ‘Weapon Series’ questline, players can enjoy a story-focused experience culminating in a special event battle.
- Ishgard Restoration Update – The third phase of restoration begins following the efforts of the Skybuilders. Skybuilder Rankings return, with new items for players to craft and new achievements for top contributors to the restoration.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – A new crafter-focused questline featuring the dwarves.
- New Game+ Updates – The updated A Realm Reborn main scenario and other quests will be available for players to revisit while keeping your current character and level.
- New Battle Content: Unreal Trials – Players will be able to challenge powered-up primals from earlier expansions that are ready to fight against level 80 heroes. Unreal Trials will feature one primal fight which will change with each patch, beginning with Shiva in Patch 5.3. Defeating the primal each week gives players the chance to complete a new mini-game, with those who emerge triumphant receiving tokens to exchange for prizes.
- Crafter and Gatherer Updates – New custom deliveries, updates to Rowena’s House of Splendors, and an update to the Skysteel Tools questline headline several crafter and gatherer updates.
- Job Adjustments for PvE and PvP, System Updates, and more.
In addition, “The Creation of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers” developer diaries will receive a bonus episode on April 30th. You can find the previous six episodes via Square Enix’ YouTube channel.
This episode will focus on the YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse content, and a discussion between Final Fantasy XIV producer and director Naoki Yoshida, Nier Automata producer Yosuke Saito, and director and scenario writer Yoko Taro, on how the collaboration came about.
Final Fantasy XIV is out now on Windows PC, (via the SE Store, and Steam), PlayStation 4, and coming soon to Xbox One. In case you missed it, you can find our Shadowbringers expansion review here (we can’t recommend it enough!)
Image: Press Release