Square Enix has announced the Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster launches sometime in February 2022, for both PC and smartphones.
While the Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster launches in February 2022, the remastered version of the beloved RPG will be available for Windows PC (via Steam) and both iOS and Android. The most recent Pixel Remaster release was its predecessor, Final Fantasy V, which released last month.
“In order to bring you the best experience possible, we’re giving ourselves the necessary time to apply final polish while finishing development on the game,” Square Enix said in a new statement.
Here’s a rundown on what fans get with the release:
FINAL FANTASY VI Pre-Purchase items (Scheduled to be released on February 2022)Special Soundtracks
- ・Locke’s Theme (Timelapse Remix) [NOW ADDED TO PRE-PURCHASE ITEMS]
- ・The Decisive Battle (Timelapse Remix)
- ・Terra’s Theme (Timelapse Remix)
- ・Searching for Friends (Timelapse Remix)
- ・Aria di Mezzo Carattere (Instrumental) [NOW ADDED TO PRE-PURCHASE ITEMS]Special Wallpapers
- ・FF6: 2 types of wallpapers
- ・FF1-6: 2 types of pixel remastered series wallpapers [NOW ADDED TO PRE-PURCHASE ITEMS]
“Timelapse Remix” is a special soundtrack data that starts off with the original soundtrack version, but lets you also enjoy the reworked alternative soundtrack version as the soundtrack gradually transitions to the reworked alternative soundtrack version.
Each wallpaper is available with 5 different sizes: 3840 x 2160, 2560 x 1600, 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 1024, 1024 x 768