Following an earlier gameplay block, Koei Tecmo and developer Omega Force shared the second trailer for Fate/Samurai Remnant introducing its “rogue servants.”
Here’s a rundown on the new details, plus the new trailer:
Fate/Samurai Remnant will also feature a number of Rogue Servants throughout the game. These highly powerful warriors do not have Masters, and if you are able to form a bond with them, you will not only be able to temporarily borrow their powers, but some of them can even accompany you in battle! And while a few of these Rogue Servants have made appearances in past Fate series titles, like Rogue Lancer, Fate/Samurai Remnant also introduces all new Rogue Servants to the Fate universe, like Rogue Rider!
Rogue Servants include:
- Rogue Lancer (true name Cú Chulainn): Wields a crimson spear longer than he is, as if it were a part of himself. He has a belligerent personality and seeks out challenging battles.
- Rogue Archer (true name Arjuna): A fighter clad in a white robe who wields a bow covered with blue flames. He is pure, always respectful, and behaves in a fair and honest manner.
- Rogue Rider (true name Tamamo Aria): Captivates men with her dainty appearance and somewhat frivolous speech and behavior. Instead of riding on something, riding on someone seems to be her preferred form of transportation.
- Rogue Saber: An armored warrior who rides a gray horse and wields a large sword. He is in pursuit of an enemy called the Evil Ogre, whom he seeks to destroy.
- Rogue Berserker: A long-haired fighter who boasts a muscular body. Being summoned as a Berserker, he has lost all sense of rationality. For whatever reason, he accompanies Takao Dayu.
In addition, Fate/Samurai Remnant introduces the “Spirit Font Conflict”, an all-new gameplay element that features a competition between enemies for “spirit fonts” scattered throughout Edo. The players aim to acquire the spiritual fonts — that are ultimately the enemy’s strongholds — by making a mutually determined number of movements on a gridded map. When a spiritual font is acquired, a path passes through the ley line that connects it to one’s own base, temporarily boosting Iori’s abilities. Rogue Servants with a bond will be able to be moved as a separate unit to cooperate in the acquisition of spirit fonts. There are also Rogue Servants who will lend their assistance only in the “Spirit Font Conflict”.
Further helping boost Iori’s abilities will be his magecraft workshop located in town. This is where Iori can learn new skills that will be useful as he fights his way through the Waxing Moon Ritual. By strengthening the workshop, you can acquire skills such as the ability to have Rogue Servants accompany you in battle. There is even a sword maintenance minigame to be played in the workshop, with samurai who take care of their swords accordingly being rewarded with bonus effects in battle!
Fate/Samurai Remnant is scheduled to release on September 28, 2023, for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Microsoft Windows (through Steam).