ROCKFISH Games has announced the full launch date for Everspace 2.
Everspace 2 will hit full release on April 6th following its two years in early access on Windows PC for PC (via Steam, GOG, and Microsoft Store).
The game’s previously announced Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions have been cancelled in lieu of upgraded Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 versions.
“EVERSPACE 2 has been, by far, our biggest and most ambitious project at ROCKFISH Games and a true labour of love over the five years it’s been in development, the last two of which in Early Access,” ROCKFISH Games CEO Michael Schade said.
“With our release date revealed, we can see a light at the end of the tunnel where our amazing community and players all over the world new to the series will get to experience this adventure full of exciting, white-knuckle space combat and beautiful handcrafted deep space and planetside locations to explore. We’ve invested a hefty eight-digits budget into creating the game we’ve always wanted to make, and the team is now hard at work finaling and polishing all of our launch day content to perfection. Beyond the final chapter of the EVERSPACE 2’s story, there’s still a lot to see!”
In regards to the previous-generation console ports being cancelled, Schade said: “Our vision for EVERSPACE 2 has taken us beyond the limitations of previous generation consoles. Our team has spent a significant amount of time trying to create an experience that would satisfy our fans on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, but downscaling EVERSPACE 2 to those platforms does not hit the level of quality that we want to deliver.”
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new story trailer:
EVERSPACE 2 puts you in the pilot seat in this fast-paced single-player space shooter, where vicious encounters and brutal challenges stand between you and that next epic loot drop. Explore the war-torn star systems of the Demilitarized Zone of Cluster 34—each massive handcrafted area is packed with secrets, puzzles, and perils to encounter.
Experience a thrilling sci-fi story following Adam, a clone pilot seeking his place in the universe. The events of his past tangle with clashing factions as the DMZ approaches a boiling point. Escape colonial capture, navigate the intrigues of local warlords, evade energy-maddened cultists, and fend off war-hungry aliens.
Adam will need more than wits, luck, and skill to survive—gather a team of experts to achieve his payday and finally achieve his dream of escaping the DMZ. Meet old friends and new allies, each with their own stories to tell. They will join you during missions, provide upgradable perks, unlock new abilities, and aid your path forward.
- Embark on an Exciting Journey – Discover alien species, unveil mysteries, find hidden treasures, and defend your valuables against outlaw gangs. But don’t get cocky: there will be some high-risk/high-reward areas waiting for you where grabbing that ultra-special gear and getting out alive will require some serious piloting skills and all your talent for improvisation.
- Let the Lasers Do the Talking – Annihilate your foes the EVERSPACE way: Dodge, dash, roll, and boost guns blazing into frantic dogfights, leaving only a trail of space scrap behind. Use a wide range of weaponry and abilities to defeat a large variety of opponents like drones, fighters, heavy bombers, and powerful gunships all the way to massive capital vessels. Always look around and use your environment to your advantage, and gain the upper hand even if you are outnumbered.
- Make the World Your Own – Enter the world of EVERSPACE and explore it at your leisure. Cluster 34 is brimming with main and side missions, activities, events and secrets to be uncovered. So fire up your hyperdrive and shape your legacy among the stars.
- Have It Your Own Way – Expand your private ship collection from a virtually endless supply of ships, composed of various unique ship classes and optimize your build to perfection. Cleverly combine modules, weapons, devices, and perks to fit your individual playstyle and the current objective.
- Epic Loot Awaits – Hunt for the next better gear and be ready to constantly re-evaluate your current setup. Look for loot that fits your playstyle but be willing to leave your comfort zone and try something new. Be ready to find and exploit synergistic effects between equipment, perks, devices, and ships to fully maximize their potential.
- From Rags to Riches – Roam the world looking for the best deals on certain commodities, becoming the part-time trader you always wanted to be. However, prices will vary based on supply and demand, so you better check about the latest offerings before you set course to the next trading station. Always be on the look-out against ambushes during interstellar travel.