Paradox Interactive is continually enhancing and expanding their strategy game, Europa Universalis IV.
A new expansion for the game, “El Dorado“, will focus on European colonists exploring South America. Players will apparently be able to find the legendary city of gold, and return its riches to their king. All that glitters is not gold, however, as there will also be many adventures and politics of the predominantly Spanish conquest of the region.
The expansion’s core features include:
- A deep Nation Designer gives you new starting options for your games, including national ideas and custom monarchs
- Experience the new Nahuatl, Inti and Mayan religions with blood sacrifices or Sun Worship
- Send your conquistadors to hunt for the Seven Cities of Gold, or your explorer on exploration missions around the world
- Gold Fleets can traffic New World wealth back to Europe, and be targeted by your privateer fleets
- Use your trade fleets to hunt dangerous pirates
- Maintain good relations with the Pope so you can get a corner of the world to call your own in the Treaty of Tordesillas
Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado is coming some time next month across Windows, Mac and Linux.
In case you missed our review for the game, you can find that here.