Publisher PID Games and developer Hot Chili Games announced Elypse is launching this month.
Their artsy yet challenging metroidvania platformer game is launching on May 17th for Windows PC (via Steam and the Epic Games Store), The console ports for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 are coming later.
Here’s a rundown on the previously announced game, plus a new trailer:
Every ten years, a sacrifice must be made to protect your people from the Abyss, a place as worshiped as it is feared… This time you were chosen and thrown into the darkness… Nobody has ever returned but perhaps you can achieve the impossible?
Welcomed by Nyx, living alone with its boulders in a cave, you have survived for ten years. With his help you will try to reach a portal that could finally let you escape the depth of the Abyss in this metroidvania platformer.
Will you be the first to escape Elypse’s darkness and discover its secrets?
- A 2D action platformer with a Dark and Gloomy style – Elypse is a 2D metroidvania combining platforming and action that takes place in the depths of an infernal world.
- An environment fraught with traps and dangers – Discover the depths of the Abyss with a light and nimble-footed character. Dexterity and perseverance will be needed if you are to explore and escape the Abyss unscathed.
- Traverse the Abyss with the intuitive dash and slash system – Use a tuned and intuitive dash and slash system to face a treacherous environment and vicious foes.
- Evolve with new skills and abilities – Take advantage of a variety of unlockable skills and abilities in order to survive the gruelling trials of Elypse.
- Explore striking environments, oozing with atmosphere – Discover this universe with magnificent settings during your desperate attempt to escape the Abyss once and for all.