Dear Villagers and developer Midgar Studio have announced the release date for their open world RPG, Edge of Eternity.
Currently in early access, the game is set in the world of Heryon. Beset by alien invasion, humanity fought back with magic and technology. The aliens then unleashed the Corrosion, a disease that turned living creatures into mutant creatures.
Players join the fight as soldier Daryon in an eight chapter quest (5 currently available in addition to Chapter 0). Solve quests in numerous possible ways, craft items, and use skills to beat down bosses and drive back the invasion.
As stated on Games Press, the game’s Early Access roadmap (seen below) Chapter 6 will launch in November 2020, with Chapter 7 launching in Q1 2021.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
The world of Heryon is torn apart. Years ago, the arrival of a mysterious alien force ultimately plunged the planet into an endless cataclysmic war where both magic and technology were unleashed to their worst and darkest extremes.
Now an even greater threat has emerged : in a despicable act of war, the invaders released the Corrosion, a fatal disease turning living forms of all kinds into misshapen abominations.
In these desperate times, a young soldier will have to face his destiny and embark on an epic journey that will change the fate of Heryon forever…
- An enthralling story filled with plot twists and heart-wrenching moments
- A gorgeous fantasy world to explore
- Epic battles with a unique and strategic turn-based combat system
- Charismatic and unforgettable characters
- Stunning soundtrack featuring Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles)
- An advanced crafting system
- A fearless yet adorable beast to befriend
Currently in Early Access, Edge Of Eternity already offers:
- 5 Chapters out of 8
- A story-driven Chapter 0 prologue
- 30+ hours of gameplay
- 4 human companions to unlock and 1 furry friend
- 5 dungeons
- 12 boss fights
- 30+ skills to master
- 120+ items to craft
Edge of Eternity is in Early Access for Windows PC (via Steam), and launches Spring 2021 for Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.