Dear Villagers have released a gameplay walkthrough trailer of upcoming Early Access JRPG Edge of Eternity.
As previously reported, the open world RPG is currently in Early Access, and set in the world of Heryon. Beset by alien invasion, humanity fought back with magic and technology. The aliens then unleashed the Corrosion, a disease that turned living creatures into mutant creatures.
The new walkthrough trailer is voiced by Micah Solusod (the voice actor for Darrian) helps summarize the gameplay; introducing it for those who are new to the game, and acting as a refresher for those who played the game in Early Access on how the game currently works.
Players roam the open world (and can use teleports to move around), and find treasures (and buried ones with your Nekoru mount). The combat combines turn-based and ATB tactical systems, fought on a hexagonal map. Players can also send characters to points of interest on the field to tip the scales.
Character’s weapons can be equipped with crystals to improve their stats, as well as unlock special attacks, spells, and elemental attacks. You can find the Walkthrough trailer below.
Edge of Eternity is currently in Early Access, and launches June 8th for Windows PC (via Steam), and Q4 2021 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
You can find the rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
In a world torn asunder, the people of Heryon pursue a desperate war against a mysterious invader. As this conflict opposing magic and technology grows to cataclysmic proportions, a new threat emerges from the battlefield. Wage epic turn-based battles as you follow Daryon and Selene in their quest to find a cure to the all-consuming Corrosion and save the world of Heryon.
Edge Of Eternity was made possible by over 4,000 fans who supported the game via a successful Kickstarter campaign. The crowdfunding was so successful that Midgard Studio was able to work with the legendary JRPG composer of Chrono Trigger, Yasunori Mitsuda. You can hear the result of that partnership in the latest trailer on the Steam Store Page.
About Edge Of Eternity:
- An enthralling JRPG adventure where your choices matter: Discover a grand tale of hope and sacrifice, filled with plot twists and heart-wrenching moments. Solve quests in multiple ways, make your own choices and face their consequences.
- A gorgeous world to discover: Journey through Heryon’s unique and ethereal environments, and unearth its most ancient secrets.
- A stunning soundtrack from the composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles: Heryon is brought to life by a sublime soundtrack from industry legend and composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles, Yasunori Mitsuda.
- A Deep & Strategic Combat System: Outwit your enemies in epic turn-based tactical combat: use the environment to lure them into devious traps, outsmart and outflank them to inflict massive damage. Craft your gear and inset it with powerful crystals to unlock unique combinations of skills and power-ups.
- A Cast of Charismatic Characters: Meet a cast of larger-than-life companions, each with their own unique personalities and attributes. Discover their dreams, flaws, hopes and torments as you experience and share many special moments together.